Commercial Auto Liability Insurance
COMMERCIAL AUTO LIABILITY INSURANCE INSURANCE
Commercial auto liability coverage provides protection for any business-owned or leased commercial vehicle.
It’s crucial to have coverage on your business-owned or leased vehicles. If you, or an employee experience an accident in your business’s car, you may be liable for bodily injuries, lost wages or any damage caused.
Policies usually include collision and damage coverage as well as coverage for property and personal damage to others.
COMMERCIAL AUTO LIABILITY INCLUDES:
- Bodily Injury Liability – Coverage for damages that involve bodily injury to others for which you become responsible under law.
- Property Damage Liability – Coverage for damage to property of others for which you become responsible under law.
- Medical Payments – Coverage for any medical expenses or funeral services for those who are accidentally injured while in your car.
- Personal Injury Protection – Coverage for medical, hospital, rehabilitation, loss of wages or services costs resulting from injury to you or any resident family member. In case of death to the insured or resident family member, death benefits and survivor benefits would be provided.
Other coverage that may be obtained include:
- Comprehensive – Protection for the loss of or damage to your vehicle and its equipment from all causes except collision, subject to the deductible on the policy.
- Collision – Protection for the collision damage to your automobile and its equipment, subject to the deductible on the policy.
- Uninsured Motorist – Coverage allowing you to recover bodily injury damages due to an accident where the other party does not have insurance, and is found legally liable.
- Underinsured Motorist – Coverage allowing you to recover bodily injury damages due to an accident where the other party is found liable and has inadequate liability limits.
- Additional Expense – Coverage for necessary additional expenses like rental cars, food, lodging and incidentals when incurred as a result of a loss.
- Hired Auto Liability Coverage – Liability coverage for automobiles hired under contract on behalf of or loaned to the named insured.
- Hired Auto Physical Damage – Coverage for an automobile of any type, hired, borrowed or leased on a short term basis for use in the insured’s business.
- Employer’s Non-Ownership Liability – Coverage for a private-passenger automobile used by any person under the insured business. Coverage could also be for the occasional and infrequent use of a commercial auto by any of your employees.